- Fill a quart jar about 1/8 full of warm water
- Light a candle and blow it out inside the jar to trap the smoke.
- Hurry and close the jar up with the lid, but make sure you have trapped some smoke
- Place some ice on top of the lid
- Wait for 3 minutes
- Slowly open the lid, you should see a cloud.
How it works:
The warm water rises as the cold air on top sinks. It condenses on the smoke, which is the condensation nuclei. It is impossible for condensation to take place with out condensation nuclei. This happens in our atmosphere. The condensation nuclei in our atmosphere is dust particles. Now you have a cloud.
Pretty cool or not? If not , it was still the coolest thing I learned in school today.